Information for international degree seeking students

Studying at Heilbronn University

At Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences, students may choose from a variety of Bachelor and Master degree programmes in the field of business studies, informatics and engineering. There are four campuses: Heilbronn – Sontheim, Heilbronn – Bildungscampus, Künzelsau and Schwäbisch Hall

For a list of all degree programmes, click here.

Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences offers some degree programmes that are entirely taught in English. For these programmes, no German language skills are required:

M.Sc. Software Engineering and Management (MSEM)

M.A. International Tourism Management (MITM)

M.A. International Business / Intercultural Management (MIBIM)

Application and Admission

International applicants need to have their university entrance qualification confirmed by Studienkolleg - Center for International Students in Konstanz.

In addition, you will need proof of your German/English language skills depending on the requirements of your selected degree programme. You can find more information here.

Tuition Fees for International Degree Seeking Students

All students have to pay a semester fee of 142.50€ per semester. In addition to that, international students from Non-EU/EEA countries are generally charged a tuition fee of 1,500€/semester. You can find further information and a list with exceptions here.

Important Information to Start Off your Studies

Prospective students from Non-EU countries will have to apply for a visa before coming to Germany. Please contact the German Embassy or German Consulate in your home country. To apply for a visa, you will need a "letter of admission" from Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences.

You can find the addresses of German embassies and consulates and information concerning visa at the following website:

Once you have arrived in Germany, please promptly visit the Aliens Department ("Ausländerbehörde") in your city of residence and apply for a residence permit ("Aufenthaltsgenehmigung").

If you live in Heilbronn, contact the Aliens Department ("Ausländerbehörde") of the city of Heilbronn, located in the city hall.

If you live in the administrative district of Heilbronn, contact the Aliens Department of the District Office ("Landratsamt Heilbronn").

The HHN Welcome Event takes place at the beginning of every semester. Here, you have the opportunity to receive important information about studying at HHN, to ask all the questions you might have as well as to get to know some of the other international students. You will also be introduced to university facilities and services as well as the respective contact person.

The Welcome Brochure contains important information for international students when getting started with studying at HHN.

The intercultural mentoring programme matches new international degree seeking students with experienced students of Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences. The programme takes places during the course of one semester and is also open to international prospective students already living in Germany (e.g. refugees).

Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences has a mailing list for students from Non-EU countries. Sign up and receive information regarding jobs, information events etc. .

The name of the mailing list is non-eu-students. Sign up here.

Do you have any questions regarding your studies, how to organise your studies or any other questions about studying at HHN? Feel free to contact the team of the Central Student Advisory Office by email or phone or come by during our walk-in hours.

Contact Office in India

Let’s Bridge It
Representative office for
University federation South – West Germany (HFSW)
Hochschule Heilbronn
Ms. Betty Samuel Huber
9th Floor, Sunit Capital
Senapati Bapat Road
Pune: 411016
Office: +91 20-25650068
Please by Appointment only